[Linux-cluster] Cman tool leave remove, device or resource busy

Josh Gray jgray at nicusa.com
Mon Oct 22 20:05:16 UTC 2007

I see in the FAQ the proper way to leave a cluster is with 'cman_tool leave
remove'  I am getting a  'device or resource busy' error when I do that even
with GFS mounts removed and stopped.   What am I missing?  The only service
I see up is a "fence" type called "default"  do I have to stop one more
thing?

Basically doing this:

service nfs stop
umount /export
service gfs stop
service rgmanager stop
service clvmd stop
cman_tool leave remove

Tells me this:
cman_tool: Error leaving cluster: Device or resource busy

Full snip from the server:

[root at nfs-6 ~]# cman_tool services
type             level name         id       state
fence            0     default      00010003 none
[1 2 3]
dlm              1     clvmd        00020003 none
[1 2 3]
dlm              1     rgmanager    00050003 none
[1 2 3]
dlm              1     nfs_data_vg  00040003 none
[1 2 3]
gfs              2     nfs_data_vg  00030003 none
[1 2 3]
[root at nfs-6 ~]# service nfs stop
Shutting down NFS mountd:                                  [  OK  ]
Shutting down NFS daemon:                                  [  OK  ]
Shutting down NFS quotas:                                  [  OK  ]
Shutting down NFS services:                                [  OK  ]
[root at nfs-6 ~]# umount /export
[root at nfs-6 ~]# service gfs stop
[root at nfs-6 ~]# service rgmanager stop
Shutting down Cluster Service Manager...
Waiting for services to stop:                              [  OK  ]
Cluster Service Manager is stopped.
[root at nfs-6 ~]# service clvmd stop
Deactivating VG nfs_data_vg:   0 logical volume(s) in volume group
"nfs_data_vg" now active
                                                           [  OK  ]
Stopping clvm:                                             [  OK  ]
[root at nfs-6 ~]# cman_tool leave remove

--
Josh Gray
Systems Administrator

Email: jgray at nicusa.com
Desk/Mobile: 913-221-1520

"It is not the mountain we conquer, but ourselves."
- Sir Edmund Hillary