[Linux-cluster] Cluster NFS causes kernel bug

Ward, Timothy - SSD Timothy.Ward at itt.com
Tue Oct 23 15:29:44 UTC 2007

Kevin,

Thanks for the tip on CentOS.  My working cluster is now:
3node 64bit AMD opteron 2GHz
CentOS 5 (good)
GFS 1 0.1.11(good)
Apache 2.2.3 (good)
Samba 3.0.23c-2 (good)
NFS 1.0.9-16 (BAD)

So I am avoiding Fedora and GFS2 until you've had more time to "bake"
it.

I am reading up on Wendy Chang's NFS linux-cluster postings to
understand why NFS fail over is not consistent.
- Has anyone successfully setup a failover NFS cluster?
- Does nfsv4 work better?  It appears by default fedora6 uses nfsv3
(tcp) client and is flaky.

Tim