[Linux-cluster] How to configure resource dependency in service

Roger Peña orkcu at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 26 01:55:15 UTC 2007

--- Vlad Seagal <vseagal at liquidnet.com> wrote:

> Lon,
> Thanks for your reply. I did the rg_test and that
> worked. I was able to
> start the service:

> <info>   Executing /etc/init.d/httpd start
> Starting httpd:
>       [  OK  ]
> Start of webserver complete
> [root at va0pmlt01 ~]# ps -ef|grep http
> root     28637     1  0 14:23 ?        00:00:00
> /usr/sbin/httpd
> [root at va0pmlt01 ~]#

> [root at va0pmlt01 ~]# clusvcadm -e webserver -m
> va0pmlt01
> Member va0pmlt01 trying to enable
> webserver...success
> Service webserver is now running on va0pmlt01
> [root at va0pmlt01 ~]#
> [root at va0pmlt01 ~]#
> [root at va0pmlt01 ~]# clustat
> Member Status: Quorate
>   ------- ----         ----- ------
>   webserver            va0pmlt01
>  started
>

> As you can see the service doesn't start properly if
> it's started via
> clusvcadm command. Http is not running. Do you know
> what might be the
> problem.

and nothing came into httpd error message file ?
if it is something about timing that make httpd unable
to start then the error should be printed in error.log

if it something in cluster infrastructure
(rgmanager)...
never had happened to me, maybe in that case it is
some  old cluster.conf still active.

the "active" cluster.conf number is the same that it
is in the cluster.conf file?
manual change of that number and a forced propagation
of the new conf to the all cluster should fix that

cu
roger