[Linux-cluster] Fencing Race Question

Scott Becker scottb at bxwa.com
Fri Oct 26 21:58:08 UTC 2007

I think I understand how it works. It's good to know that the loser of
the first race doesn't immediately try fence device 2. If it's really a
race then the delay in node 2's retry attempt is necessary for it to be
killed before it retries. The ssh handshaking when logging into the APC
does take a few seconds. If I set the delay specifically for the purpose
of spanning the necessary logins then that should take care of it.

If the logging into all fence devices before any are turned off can't
easily be done, then the other approach to make it safe would be to
delay all the log offs until the end of the process.

Thanks for you help, I need to make sure the boss is getting her money's
worth from this effort.

    scottb