[Linux-cluster] GFS RG size (and tuning)

Josh Gray josh at jtri.com
Sat Oct 27 18:15:33 UTC 2007

I had the same problems this week on GFS only about 800gig of mostly
small files.  My application did not require it to be mounted on the
whole cluster concurrently so i went ahead and switched to EXT3 with
much better performance.

Support said i would probably expect significant improvement with
more RG's but we went with the other file format before we tried that.

Josh