[Linux-cluster] EXT3 service mounted on two nodes

Josh Gray jgray at nicusa.com
Mon Oct 29 15:02:57 UTC 2007

Lon and the other gurus - have you guys ever seen an ext3 volume get mounted
on multiple cluster nodes at the same time WITHOUT a split brain? No
fencing, no errors logged, no network issues, etc..   I even ran clustat and
both nodes (let's say B and C ) even said that the single node I thought was
up was in control (B).

I saw this with virtual ip's in my testing but then encountered this during
deployment that then quickly corrupted the volume and brought the project to
a halt..

No worries if not - I have support involved already,  just curious your
input as you guys seem to know this stuff inside and out!

--
Josh Gray
Systems Administrator

Email: jgray at nicusa.com
Desk/Mobile: 913-221-1520

"It is not the mountain we conquer, but ourselves."
- Sir Edmund Hillary