[Linux-cluster] Two node question

Scott Becker scottb at bxwa.com
Mon Oct 29 16:48:31 UTC 2007

I'm building a 3-node cluster.

One public subnet.

No shared filesystem

Starting with just one service (www) on one movable IP address.

I will be routinely bring down one node at a time for maintenance so I
must configure the cluster for one node operation. I can't use the
two_node="1" setting because I would have to bring the cluster down to
set and unset it.

I want to use an IP tie-breaker to verify that the node can reach the
main router. Is this, along with a self test of the web service, fs
writable, etc. adequate for one, two and three node operation? Or would
I also need a Qdisk?

    thanks
    scottb