[Linux-cluster] Re: fence_xvmd doesn't starts

carlopmart carlopmart at gmail.com
Mon Sep 3 06:42:37 UTC 2007

carlopmart wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>>  I am running standalone xen host using rhel5 with three rhel5 xen
>> guest with cluster-suite. I have setup fence_xvm as a fence device on
>> all three guest. On the host side I have setup fence_xvmd on
>> cluster.conf file.
>>
>>  My problems starts when I need to restart xen server host. Every time
>> that reboots, fence_xvmd doesn't starts. If I execute "service cman
>> restart" all its ok: fence_xvmd starts. Why?? How can I fix it??
>>
>> Many thanks.
>>
> Please I need an answer about this ...

Well I think that I found the problem: cman startup script. In this line:

     # Check for presence of Domain-0; if it's not there, we can't
     # run xvmd.
     #
     xm list --long 2> /dev/null | grep -q "Domain-0" || return 1

If it is executed from command line any result is returned:

  [root at xenhost xen]# xm list --long 2> /dev/null | grep -q "Domain-0"
  [root at xenhost xen]#

If I put -X under /etc/sysconfig/cman on FENCE_XVMD_OPTS, nothing
happens. Is this a bug???

--
CL Martinez
carlopmart {at} gmail {d0t} com