[Linux-cluster] GFS and iscsi problem

Roger Peña orkcu at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 4 18:16:15 UTC 2007

--- Alexandre Racine <Alexandre.Racine at mhicc.org>
wrote:

> Hi all, I would like to know that too, since I made
> some similar tests and GFS seems simply to hang.

 people getting this king of problem usually have a
problem with fencing, your fencing is manual, this is
really bad for production because if there is a
problem with the GFS in one node,the cluster will wait
for that node to be feced and if it fenced by humand
hand.....
until you send the aknowledge that the cluster will be
in standby.

> My config:
> # cat /etc/cluster/cluster.conf

>       <fence>
>         <method name="human">
>           <device name="human" ipaddr="TORQUE1"/>
>         </method>
>       </fence>
>       <fence>
>         <method name="human">
>           <device name="human" ipaddr="TORQUE2"/>
>         </method>
>       </fence>
>       <fence>
>         <method name="human">
>           <device name="human" ipaddr="TORQUE3"/>
>         </method>
>       </fence>
>   <fence_devices>
>     <device name="human" agent="fence_manual"/>
>   </fence_devices>

use a real fence device and try gfs again :-)

cu
roger

RedHat Certified ( RHCE )
Cisco Certified ( CCNA & CCDA )