[Linux-cluster] GFS and iscsi problem

Roger Peña orkcu at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 4 18:38:45 UTC 2007

--- Paweł Mastalerz <pawel.mastalerz at mainseek.com>
wrote:

> Roger Peña pisze:
> > --- Alexandre Racine <Alexandre.Racine at mhicc.org>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> Hi all, I would like to know that too, since I
> made
> >> some similar tests and GFS seems simply to hang.
> >>
> >  people getting this king of problem usually have
> > problem with fencing, your fencing is manual, this
> is
> > really bad for production because if there is a
> > problem with the GFS in one node,the cluster will
> wait
> > for that node to be feced and if it fenced by
> humand
> > hand.....
> > until you send the aknowledge that the cluster
> will be
> > in standby.
>
> Yes, but i use:
>
> <fencedevice name="blade" agent="fence_bladecenter"
> ipaddr=....

sorry, I didn't read throught your messages, just
looked at Alexandre Racine's configuration

> and it's not a problem, fence work fine. Fence work
> only when one of
> nodes is down or have some other problem with
> connection to other nodes.
well, I would expect if one node has a problem with
its GFS filesystem ( for example, network failure in
the iscsi scenario), the cluster should-must fence
that node just to avoid filesystem corruption
but I could be wrong...

cu
roger

RedHat Certified ( RHCE )