[Linux-cluster] users...

Rick Stevens rstevens at internap.com
Fri Sep 7 21:28:45 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-09-07 at 14:48 -0400, Alexandre Racine wrote:
> So, if I use the GFS, all UID and GID must be the same on all servers
> of the cluster, right?

Yes.  They'll all see the same filesystem, so if the UID/GIDs don't
match across all systems, you'll have permissions and file ownership
problems.

- Rick Stevens, Principal Engineer             rstevens at internap.com -
- CDN Systems, Internap, Inc.                http://www.internap.com -
-   To understand recursion, you must first understand recursion.    -