[Linux-cluster] GFS: drop_count and drop_period tuning

Hagmann, Michael Michael.Hagmann at hilti.com
Mon Sep 10 21:17:56 UTC 2007

Hi

When you are on RHEL4.5 then I highly suggest you to use the new
glock_purge Parameter for every gfs Filesystem add to /etc/rc.local
-------
gfs_tool settune / glock_purge 50
gfs_tool settune /scratch glock_purge 50
-------

also this Parameter has to set new on every mount. That mean when you
umount it and then mount it again, run the /etc/rc.local again, otherway
the parameter are gone!

maybe also checkout this page -->
http://www.open-sharedroot.org/Members/marc/blog/blog-on-gfs/glock-trimm
ing-patch