[Linux-cluster] Cluster not starting backup after reboot

Roger Peña orkcu at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 11 14:02:19 UTC 2007

--- James Wilson <jwilson at transolutions.net> wrote:

> I think I have the wrong syntax for fencing xen. Do
> I add <fence_xvmd/>
> to the config file or <xvmd/>?

I think, but I could be wrong, that for the purpose of
"joining a cluster" a fence configuration for a node
is not sooo important

I would try to garantie the comunication between
nodes, and the instalation of proper *-kernel packages
according to the kernel running at the node

just yesterday I had a funny problem, funny because
cman report that que node join the cluster (and the
cluster was quorated with its all 4 nodes in, the
others nodes reported the problematic node as
'online') but ccsd was saying the opposite and refuse
to listen to connections (complaining about "can't
comunicate with cluster infrasture...") so everything
wasn't unable to start (fence, clvmd, rgmanager, etc,
etc)

the problem was:
running kernel-smp in the node but
installed cman-kernel and not cman-kernel-smp ;-)
so cman kernel module was not loaded ...
BTW, cman start succefull without complain about not
able to load its kernel module ....

(I really don't like to top posting but how to follow
the threat if not do it? )

cu
roger

RedHat Certified ( RHCE )