[Linux-cluster] RHEL4.5, GFS and selinux, are they playing nice?

Roger Peña orkcu at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 12 19:50:27 UTC 2007

--- Roger Peña <orkcu at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hello everybody ;-)
>
> I keep working in making a web cluster play nice
> after
> the upgrade from RHEL4.4 -> RHEL4.5
> with this upgrade, the relation httpd-selinux become
> more strict

[bla bla bla]

> so now I have support to xattr in ours GFS
> filesystems
> but, here is the problem:
> the httpd do not want to start because some config
> files (witch reside in another GFS filesystem) have
> forbidden context (httpd can not read file with that
> context) (those files are included from the main
> apache configuration)

> here are the error from selinux:
> { search } for  pid=2289 comm="httpd" name="/"
> dev=dm-7 ino=25
> scontext=root:system_r:httpd_t
> tcontext=system_u:object_r:nfs_t
> tclass=dir

[bla bla bla]

> but, that directory is /opt/soft:
> ll -di /opt/soft/
> 25 drwxr-xr-x  8 root root 3864 Sep 11  2007
> /opt/soft/
> ^^ <--- this is the inode
>
> and it context is system_u:object_r:httpd_config_t:
> ll -dZ /opt/soft/
> drwxr-xr-x  root     root
> system_u:object_r:httpd_config_t /opt/soft/
>
> so, who is wrong? ls -Z or "global selinux kernel
> module" ?
> because ls -Z show that the context of that
> directory
> is system_u:object_r:httpd_config_t

[lots of bla bla]

> is this related to the fact that selinux policy
> stated
> this:
> genfscon gfs /  system_u:object_r:nfs_t

should I follow what is stated for reiserfs in this
url:
http://james-morris.livejournal.com/3580.html
?

if I should do it, because is the right thing to do,
why:
1- redhat did not do it for the release of 4.5 ?
2- others aren't getting this king of problems?

Am I the only one with GFS-selinux problems ?

cu
roger

RedHat Certified ( RHCE )
Cisco Certified ( CCNA & CCDA )