[Linux-cluster] Cluster NFS causes kernel bug

Ward, Timothy - SSD Timothy.Ward at itt.com
Thu Sep 13 21:34:46 UTC 2007

From: Kevin Anderson <kanderso at redhat.com>

On Thu, 2007-09-13 at 10:32 -0400, Ward, Timothy - SSD wrote:
> I am trying to setup nfs as a clustered service.  The filesystem nfs
> is serving is a GFS2 fs.  So I am trying to find out is the problem
> with GFS2, NFS, the SMP processors or something else?

We have fixed a number of bugs with GFS2 over the last few weeks, so
would point at GFS2 as being the issue.  Pick up the latest kernel from
Steve Whitehouses GIT tree.  It has a number of fixes, with a number of
additional ones queued up to be pushed shortly.

If you need a stable environment at this time, use GFS1 instead of gfs2.

Kevin

------------------------------
Kevin,

Thank you for the valuable insight!

I used the updated gfs2 RPM that was updated for FC6.  Would you suggest
using FC5 with  gfs1 or is there a gfs1 RPM someplace for FC6?  I tried
to compile the code myself with limited success.

Thanks,
Tim
This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may be proprietary
and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to
whom they are addressed. If you have received this e-mail in
error please notify the sender. Please note that any views or
opinions presented in this e-mail are solely those of the author
and do not necessarily represent those of ITT Corporation. The
recipient should check this e-mail and any attachments for the
presence of viruses. ITT accepts no liability for any damage
caused by any virus transmitted by this e-mail.