[Linux-cluster] disabling DLM and GFS kernel modules

Chris Harms chris at cmiware.com
Tue Sep 18 14:34:45 UTC 2007

It said something about an out of memory condition.   This was logged
just prior to where it would have panicked:

groupd[9639]: found uncontrolled kernel object rgmanager in /sys/kernel/dlm
groupd[9639]: local node must be reset to clear 1 uncontrolled instances
of gfs and/or dlm
openais[9625]: [CMAN ] cman killed by node 1 because we were killed by
cman_tool or other application
fenced[9647]: cman_init error 0 111
dlm_controld[9653]: cman_init error 0 111
gfs_controld[9659]: cman_init error 111

There were 2 runaway processes related to GFS / DLM before I tried to
shut it down.  We had not encountered any issues like this until now.
The only changes to our setup were a superficial change to some cluster
services, and an upgrade of the DRBD kernel module.