[Linux-cluster] Re: Starting up two of three nodes that compose a cluster

carlopmart carlopmart at gmail.com
Fri Sep 21 16:36:04 UTC 2007

David Teigland wrote:

>>> That looks like the old RHEL4/cluster-1.0 version of fence_ack_manual...
>
>> And has some solution???
>
> You need to make sure the RHEL4/cluster-1.0 binaries are removed from the
> nodes and the new RHEL5/cluster-2.0/openais binaries are installed.  If
> you're getting this far, it may only be some fencing binaries that are
> incorrect, so first just remove fence_manual and fence_ack_manual and make
> sure you have the new fence_ack_manual installed (it's now a bash script).
> fence_manual no longer exists in RHEL5/cluster-2.0 code since
> fence_ack_manual talks directly with fenced.
>
> Dave

Sorry??? this three nodes are RHEL5 with lastest patches applied except
kernel version 2.6.18-8.1.10.

Version of cman is: cman-2.0.64-1.0.1.el5
Version of gfs-utils:
Version of rgmanager: rgmanager-2.0.24-1.el5

  And fence-manual exists on this cluster suite:

[root at haldir xen]# whereis fence_manual
fence_manual: /sbin/fence_manual /usr/share/man/man8/fence_manual.8.gz
[root at haldir xen]# rpm -qf /sbin/fence_manual
cman-2.0.64-1.0.1.el5
[root at smeagol xen]#

And fence_ack_manual it is not a bash script, it is a binary:

[root at haldir xen]# whereis fence_ack_manual
fence_ack_manual: /sbin/fence_ack_manual
/usr/share/man/man8/fence_ack_manual.8.gz
[root at haldir xen]# cd /sbin
[root at haldir sbin]# file fence_ack_manual
fence_ack_manual: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1
(SYSV), for GNU/Linux 2.6.9, dynamically linked (uses shared libs), for
GNU/Linux 2.6.9, stripped
[root at haldir sbin]#

  Do I need to install rhel5.1 beta to do this?? If it yes i have a very
very great problem ....

--
CL Martinez
carlopmart {at} gmail {d0t} com