[Linux-cluster] problems starting cman

Bob Peterson rpeterso at redhat.com
Tue Sep 25 13:46:40 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-09-25 at 13:33 +0200, Jordi Prats wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm trying to start a two node cluster, but I can't start cman. If I run
> manually the join command it returns 141. (I don't know what dos this
> means) How can I know why it do not  start? /var/log/messages does not
> give me any clue about it.
>
> Here I copy all the messages I get. (I'm using a Fedora 7 with the
> latest packeges)
>
> best regards,
> Jordi

Hi Jordi,

Check to make sure you have multicast enabled and if it really works.
We've seen some problems with some network switches not being set
for this properly.  Unfortunately, it varies from switch to switch.
Also, check to see if aisexec is failing and leaving a core dump.
This would be in the form of a "core" file in /var/lib/openais/

Regards,

Bob Peterson
Red Hat Cluster Suite