[Linux-cluster] How do you set up a Virtual IP Service??

jim parsons jparsons at redhat.com
Thu Sep 27 15:45:46 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-09-27 at 08:19 +0200, Jos Vos wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 26, 2007 at 04:20:05PM -0700, James Fillman wrote:
>
> > First off, I have to say that the documentation for cluster suite is
> > horrible. Trying to find explanations and examples of cluster.conf
> > syntax is impossible. Where do you got learn you got configure services,
> > resources, failover domains?
>
> Start reading:
>
> http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/enterprise/RHEL-5-manual/Cluster_Suite_Overview/index.html
> http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/enterprise/RHEL-5-manual/en-US/Cluster_Suite_Overview.pdf
> (2 alternatives for the same document)
>
> http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/enterprise/RHEL-5-manual/Cluster_Administration/index.html
> http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/enterprise/RHEL-5-manual/en-US/Cluster_Administration.pdf
> (2 alternatives for the same document)
>
> http://sourceware.org/cluster/faq.html
>
> Then create, given this documentation, a complete cluster.conf using
> system-config-cluster.
May I also suggest the cluster.conf schema doc here:

> http://sources.redhat.com/cluster/doc/cluster_schema.html
This page is linked off of sourceware.org/cluster

Also, conga is a really easy way of getting a cluster up and running.
You kinda need to know more to use s-c-cluster...with conga, you enter
the proposed nodenames, and the passwords for them and it just creates a
cluster for you.

-j