[Linux-cluster] dlm high cpu on latest stock centos 5.1 kernel

Andrew A. Neuschwander andrew at ntsg.umt.edu
Wed Apr 2 00:19:15 UTC 2008

I have a GFS cluster with one node serving files via smb and nfs. Under
fairly light usage (5-10 users) the cpu is getting pounded by dlm. I am
using CentOS5.1 with the included kernel (2.6.18-53.1.14.el5). This sounds
like the dlm issue mentioned back in March of last year
(https://www.redhat.com/archives/linux-cluster/2007-March/msg00068.html)
that was resolved in 2.6.21.

Has (or will) this fix be back ported to the current el5 kernel? Will it
be in RHEL5.2? What is the easiest way for me to get this fix?

Also, if I try a newer kernel on this node, will there be any harm in the
other nodes using their current kernel?

Thanks,
-Andrew
--