[Linux-cluster] linux cluster on rhel5 without using gfs and shared storage

sajith sajithks at cdactvm.in
Wed Apr 2 04:57:59 UTC 2008

Hai all,

	I am new to linux cluster. I want to set up a two node cluster using
rhcs. In my application I am using tomcat and mysql as database. My aim is
to configure both servers in active-passive configuration. I have tested the
failover of ip and process using conga. But I am stuck with the
configuration of mysql failover. I am confused with how to make the data
files redundant for mysql. If I am using nfs for data files the files are
not accessible if nfs server is down. How can I create an online back up of
my data files so that if my main server is down then also I can access my
data from the online backup? I don't have gfs and SAN storage. My data files
and application reside in same machine. Please help

Regards,
Sajith K.S