[Linux-cluster] Problem in clvmd and iscsi-target

Nuno Fernandes npf-mlists at eurotux.com
Thu Apr 3 14:25:25 UTC 2008

Hi,

There is a race condition in iscsi-target and clvmd that does not allow me to
export a volume by iscsi and use it localy in clvmd.

I have two servers "black" and "gray". "Gray" has two drives hda (for
filesystem) and hdb (that is going to be exported through iscsi to "black").
Then both machines are part of a 2 node cluster to use clvmd.

root gray ~ # /etc/init.d/iscsi-target start
Starting iSCSI target service:                             [  OK  ]
root gray ~ # /etc/init.d/clvmd start
Starting clvmd:                                            [  OK  ]
Activating VGs:   No volume groups found
                                                           [  OK  ]
root gray ~ # pvcreate /dev/hdb
  Can't open /dev/hdb exclusively.  Mounted filesystem?
root gray ~ # /etc/init.d/iscsi-target stop
Stopping iSCSI target service:                             [  OK  ]
root gray ~ # pvcreate /dev/hdb
  Physical volume "/dev/hdb" successfully created
root gray ~ #

I cannot use clvmd and iscsi-target on the same machine? If i create a logical
volume is is activated in "black"

lvdisplay -C
  LV     VG    Attr   LSize   Origin Snap%  Move Log Copy%
  teste2 teste -wi-a-   1.00G

and in "gray" is disabled:

root gray ~ # lvdisplay -C
  LV     VG    Attr   LSize Origin Snap%  Move Log Copy%
  teste2 teste -wi-d- 1.00G

Any ideas?

Thanks
Nuno Fernandes