[Linux-cluster] iptables rules for LVS-DR cluster

John Garrity jgarrity at qualcomm.com
Sun Apr 6 21:08:26 UTC 2008

At 06:11 PM 4/5/2008, you wrote:
it's "rr", double-R for round-robin.

d'oh, that's what i get for not wearing my glasses!

i don't think you have to do that with persistency. as i said, it works pretty good here.
>without much knowledge about your network, i would say it's an issue with the direct routing setup. i would suggest digging a little deeper into your network setup and checking tcpdump for the reason of the connection reset. (stateful filtering at the wrong point in the setup comes to mind).

yeah, the output from ipvsadm is good for http

Prot LocalAddress:Port Scheduler Flags
  -> RemoteAddress:Port           Forward Weight ActiveConn InActConn
TCP  l423-lvs.qualcomm.com:http rr
  -> l423-cn1.qualcomm.com:http   Route   1      0          0
  -> l423-cn2.qualcomm.com:http   Route   2      0          0
FWM  20 rr persistent 20

but no good for ftp

[root at l423-lb1 ~]# ipvsadm
Prot LocalAddress:Port Scheduler Flags
  -> RemoteAddress:Port           Forward Weight ActiveConn InActConn
FWM  20 rr persistent 20

I signed up for the LVS mail list and will probably post there next week if I can't make any more progress on my own...