[Linux-cluster] Can you shrink your GFS Volume?

Tracey Flanders mcse47 at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 8 19:33:39 UTC 2008

I need to add another journal to my GFS volume to add another cluster node. But I noticed that I get an error about free blocks.
Here's the command I'm running and the message I receive:
gfs_jadd -v -j1 /mnt/gfs1
Requested size (32768 blocks) greater than available space (3 blocks)

This makes perfect sense since I don't have any free space outside the gfs formatted volume. Is it possible at all to shrink a GFS volume? Or do I need to add more space to my lvm volume?
Simply, can GFS filesystems be shrunk?