[Linux-cluster] Severe problems with 64-bit RHCS on RHEL5.1

Harri.Paivaniemi at tietoenator.com Harri.Paivaniemi at tietoenator.com
Fri Apr 18 04:23:29 UTC 2008

Oh my dear Alex,

It really goes that way! - I just can't believe - you are one hell of a genious.

I havn't had a clue about it could be something this simple. It really works. I feel stupid.

So, I was really driving grazy with this cluster ver 5 yesterday, but now it seems that both of my problems are solved:

1. unable to bring just one node up in 2-node cluster - hanging in fencing / fence failed

Reason: cman was told (by RH) to be started before qdisk and this is wrong way.
Qdisk have to be started first in this situation, so fence_tool is not wondering why cluster is not quorate ;)

2. restart of cluster daemons not succesfull

Reason: You have to wait "token timeout" before starting again ;)

Great.

Thanks for all you. RH support has been thinking these problems 3 weeks now without success.

-hjp