[Linux-cluster] Replacing a RAID 5 disk, then...

Derek Anderson Derek.Anderson at compellent.com
Fri Apr 18 13:52:14 UTC 2008

Anthony,

When the failed disk was replaced a RAID rebuild should have been
initiated; that is a good thing.  The RAID device will continue to
operate in degraded mode until the rebuild has completed.  I assume
that's why it is still beeping at you.

And the fact that something is beeping at you makes it sound like your
RAID is managed in hardware, in which case operating system commands
aren't going to give you an indication of what is happening.  Is this
true?  Are your disks contained in an external disk enclosure?  If so,
what kind.