[Linux-cluster] Meaning of Cluster Cycle and timeout problems - GFS 100% cpu utilization

Peter p.elmers at gmx.de
Mon Apr 21 08:53:04 UTC 2008

Hi,

Thanks for the fast response!

It looks like GFS causes 100% cpu utilization and therefore the qdiskd
process has no processor time.

Is this a known problem and has anyone seen such behavior before?

We are using rhel 4.5 with the following packages:

ccs-1.0.11-1.x86_64.rpm
cman-1.0.17-0.x86_64.rpm
cman-kernel-2.6.9-53.5.x86_64.rpm
dlm-1.0.7-1.x86_64.rpm
dlm-kernel-2.6.9-52.2.x86_64.rpm
fence-1.32.50-2.x86_64.rpm
GFS-6.1.15-1.x86_64.rpm
GFS-kernel-2.6.9-75.9.x86_64.rpm
gulm-1.0.10-0.x86_64.rpm
iddev-2.0.0-4.x86_64.rpm
lvm2-cluster-2.02.27-2.el4.x86_64.rpm
magma-1.0.8-1.x86_64.rpm
magma-plugins-1.0.12-0.x86_64.rpm
perl-Net-Telnet-3.03-3.noarch.rpm
rgmanager-1.9.72-1.x86_64.rpm
system-config-cluster-1.0.51-2.0.noarch.rpm

The Kernel is 2.6.9-55.

Thanks for reading and answering,

Peter