[Linux-cluster] Is heuristic really required?

Charlie Brady charlieb-linux-cluster at e-smith.com
Wed Apr 23 20:11:09 UTC 2008

On Fri, 18 Apr 2008, HarriPäiväniemi wrote:

> Qdisk man says at least 1 heuristic is reguired.
>
> Is it?
>
> I have (accidentally) tested and to my mind it worked fine without
> heuristics. I gave 1 vote to quorumd and no <heuristic>- tag at all and
> it seemed to work normally like 3-vote cluster should...

It does seem to work fine. However, one thing I've found is that if I/O to
the quorum disk blocks (e.g. if the quorum disk is on iscsi and you break
the connection), then qdiskd doesn't detect the timeout and doesn't reboot
the node.

Another thing I've noticed (with RHEL4 RHC) is the the quorum disk doesn't
show up in the node list of the first node set up in the cluster, and
doesn't contribute a vote. Anyone have any ideas about that?

--
Charlie