[Linux-cluster] redhat cluster in multi SAN

Maciej Bogucki maciej.bogucki at artegence.com
Fri Apr 25 14:03:35 UTC 2008

gnia gnia napisał(a):
> Hi all,
>
> Situation :  2 nodes cluster (active/active) under RedHat 4.
> Each clusterized service has a multipathed/mirrored LV (one PV on each
> storage bay -> HP EVA 8000) declared as an FS resource.
> (We decided to implement a multi-SAN environment to prevent from one SAN
> failure)
> But all clusterized mirrored LVs get frozen and become unusable when we
> simulate one SAN outage.

Because You have only one copy of LV log [1]. You cean check it by "lvs
-a -o +devices"

> According to you experts, what is the best way to implement a storage
> redundant redhat cluster that wouldn't fail in case of one SAN outage ?
> Is lvm mirroring a godd choice?
Do You think about automatic failover of SAN? If Yes, I think that there
is no open source solution an the moment what is capable to do this.

[1] -
http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/enterprise/RHEL-5-manual/en-US/RHEL510/Cluster_Logical_Volume_Manager/mirrored_volumes.html

Best Regards
Maciej Bogucki