[Linux-cluster] CLVMD hangs on 2nd node startup and hangs all gfs nodes.

Jonathan Brassow jbrassow at redhat.com
Fri Apr 25 20:02:26 UTC 2008

If you suspect a problem with clvmd, you could simply remove it from
the equation and retest, right?

You could just use the underlying iSCSI device and mkfs.gfs on
that.... at least for testing if clvmd is the problem.

I suppose you could also test if clvmd is the problem by testing the
logical volumes without GFS in the mix.  IOW, create some LVs and read/
write to them at the same time from different machines.  If this is
working, the file system should work.  If the file system doesn't,
then the problem is probably higher up than clvmd.

  brassow