[Linux-cluster] IBM RSA-II Fencing and boot

Davi Baldin davi at jvsinfo.com.br
Sun Apr 27 23:07:56 UTC 2008

Hello,

I'm confused about fencing configuration and work, please can someone help
me?

My setup:

- Host A 192.168.4.251
        - RSA-II 192.168.4.36 (plugged on server)

- Host B 192.168.4.252
        - RSA-II 192.168.4.37 (plugged on server)

cluster.conf

- Host A have fencing level 1, fencing device 192.168.4.36

- Host B have fencing level 1, fencing device 192.168.4.37

Services on cluster
        - LDAP, DNS, Radius for service "infra"
        - postfix and courier-imap for service "email"

This is correct setup? I need more other fencing configuration?

ISSUE

When the two servers are up, if I reboot one server (anyone), at the boot
time when the service cluster starts, in " starting fecing..." the other
host thats are alived, recieve a head shot, and reboot (not halt) it self.
After the head shot, the cluster service continue starting and "kidnaps"
all cluster services for himself. This issue occurs if the host have that
one, all or none service configured running.

ISSUE 2

If I shutdown all servers, always at the boot time or a shutdown time the
fecing always hang. At the boot tiime, I need to wait 10min, and the
shutdown wait around 30 min.

All RSAs and nodes IPs are configured in /etc/hosts, always the network
are available (except when host is poweroff), the RSA is always
on-line....

Many thanks for any help,

Regards,

Davi