[Linux-cluster] HP ILO Fence Configuration

Brett Cave brettcave at gmail.com
Mon Aug 4 08:11:26 UTC 2008

On Fri, Aug 1, 2008 at 12:06 PM, Balaji <balajisundar at midascomm.com> wrote:
> Dear All,
>
>  Currently i am using HP x6600 Server and I have installed RHEL4 Update 4 AS
> Linux and
>  RHEL4 Update 4 Support Cluster Suite in my server
>  I am new in fence and can any one help me how to configure HP ILO fence in
> my server
>  and HP ILO Fence Functionality

I have just set it up, have not tested 100%, but what I have so far is:
1) create fence usernames and passwords ILO on each of your devices.
2) Update cluster.conf as follows:
<clusternodes>
        <clusternode name="worker1" nodeid="1">
                <fence>
                        <method name="fabric">
                                <device name="ilo-worker1"/>
                        </method>
                </fence>
        </clusternode>
       <!-- the rest of your nodes here -->
<fencedevices>
        <fencedevice name="ilo-worker1" agent="fence_ilo"
hostname="192.168.0.101" login="fence" passwd="fencepassword"/>
        <!-- 1 fence device for each clusternode, with corrent hostname info -->
</fencedevices>

According to the docs, that SHOULD work, I am still having hanging
issues on access to certain files / directories on GFS, but still
pretty new to it, so not 100% sure whether its related to fencing or
not.