[Linux-cluster] GFS leak glock

Bob Peterson rpeterso at redhat.com
Thu Aug 14 14:43:18 UTC 2008

Hi Vikash,

On Thu, 2008-08-14 at 20:40 +0800, Vikash Khatuwala wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Does anyone have any idea what these messages mean? I see them in
> /var/log/messages and on the console too.
>
> GFS: would leak glock ffff8101f09ef408
> GFS: would leak glock ffff810185d22258
> GFS: would leak glock ffff81015dd930a0
> GFS: would leak glock ffff8101e4e184c8
> GFS: would leak glock ffff81008785d580
>
> Using CentOS 5.2 with all latest updates.

This sounds like debug code is installed on your system to
debug some problem.  That message does not seem to be in the
most recent source code for GFS, dlm or lock_dlm.  I can't
seem to find a reference to it anywhere offhand.  I can't
imagine Centos would have built GFS from a debug copy of the
source code, so are you sure you don't have debug code on your
system?

Regards,

Bob Peterson
Red Hat Clustering & GFS