[Linux-cluster] Cluster Infrastructure IRC meeting - Monday 25th of Aug 2pm UTC/GMT
Fabio M. Di Nitto
fdinitto at redhat.com
Fri Aug 22 06:46:08 UTC 2008
When : Monday 25th of Aug 2pm UTC/GMT (*)(**)
Where : irc.freenode.net #linux-cluster
Who : everybody interested is invited to participate
This is our first IRC meeting and it is supposed to last approx. 1 hour.
Be prepared that it might last longer.
In order to give more space to open discussion please prepare yourself:
- everybody can add topics to the Agenda in the "Voice to the community"
- prepare a 5/10 lines summary for your topic before the meeting. Typing
realtime takes too long.
- How it should work -
For each item on the agenda:
- fabbione (me on IRC) will make a call on the person that should talk
about the item.
- The intersted person will copy/paste her/his own summary.
- Discussion/question on the specific item. If the discussion takes longer
than 5 minutes, we will postpone it at the end of the meeting. This is
to allow everybody to cast her/his own voice in the agenda. The meeting
moderator will call on the time.
Some golden rules:
- please respect the person that is talking and give her/him time to
complete what she/he is saying. Communication on IRC can be slow.
- Avoid to interrupt the discussion with Off-Topic items. We don't
want to use moderation powers if we can avoid it.
- if, for any reason, your internet connection drops during the meeting,
please message me and I will copy paste the last bits of the
After the meeting:
- please update the wiki for Actions (in case there are any to take)
- mail me with comments/suggestions on how was the meeting. It is
perfectly ok to say "it's really bad" but it would also be nice to know
if it was a good experience.
(*) To convert from UTC/GMT to your local time:
(**) some tools report UTC, others GMT.
For our simple usage of time, they can be considered the same.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coordinated_Universal_Time for the curious
people out there.
I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse.
More information about the Linux-cluster