[Linux-cluster] gfs over raid/lvm or any other option?

Alex linux at vfemail.net
Tue Aug 26 07:28:32 UTC 2008

On Monday 25 August 2008 20:30, michael.osullivan at auckland.ac.nz wrote:
> There are two approaches I have seen that may be suitable:
>
> 1) lustre - I didn't like this as it needed two "special" meta-servers and
> I was building a smaller storage system;
> 2) pvfs

Hi Mike,

Please, do not erase thread, will be difficult to trace the subject and
content...

PVFS (Parallel Virtual File System) - has no redundancy - Lose one node lose
them all. Also their website is down (www.pvfs.org), so you can add no
reliability too ...

Your setup will work only in case as you are using mkfs.gfs -j 1... else is
broken. Also, has no scallability.

Regards,
Alx