[Linux-cluster] one click to start httpd on all nodes - possible?

Jeff Stoner jstoner at opsource.net
Fri Aug 29 15:44:17 UTC 2008

If you are running httpd on all nodes, why are you managing httpd with
RHCS in the first place? Simply "chkconfig httpd on" and when the server
starts, httpd will start, too.

If you want to build a simple web server farm, this is more easily
accomplished using a load balancer (hardware or software) in front of
the web servers than with Cluster Services.

Perhaps you could explain in more detail what you are trying to
accomplish. Are there an additional resources (file system mount, ip
address, etc.) associated with httpd. Under what conditions would you
start or stop httpd on a node?

--Jeff
Sr. Systems Engineer

OpSource, Inc.