[Linux-cluster] ipmi help

Paras pradhan pradhanparas at gmail.com
Fri Dec 19 16:44:26 UTC 2008

hi.

I am working on to setup a fencing using IPMI which is supported in my
mother board. I have assigned the ip address to the ipmi , but I am
not able to ping the interface.

If i do:

ipmitool chassis status  , it works but if i do

[root at ha1 ~]# ipmitool -I lan -H ipaddress -U admin -P admin chassis status
Error: Unable to establish LAN session
Error sending Chassis Status command

Its' not working. If ipmi is correctly setup, i should be able to ping
the ip address assigned to the ipmi right?. The network address of
eth0 of my machine and that of ipmi interface is same.

What i am missing here?

Thanks
Paras.