[Linux-cluster] quorumd hueristics cause XML validation error...

Aaron Benner aaron at atmexpress.com
Mon Dec 22 16:29:05 UTC 2008

All,

I've inherited a couple of RHEL5.1 clusters and in an effort to improve their performance have attempted to add a couple of hueristics to the quorumd section of cluster.conf.  The existing quorumd section is as follows:

<quorumd device="/dev/mapper/mpath2" interval="1" tko="10" votes="1">
    <heuristic interval="2" program="ping -t1 -c1 216.187.173.1" score="1" tko="5"/>
</quorumd>

When I change that section to:

<quorumd device="/dev/mapper/mpath2" interval="1" tko="10" votes="1">
    <heuristic interval="2" program="ping -t1 -c1 216.187.173.1" score="1" tko="5"/>
    <heuristic interval="2" program="/path/to/script.sh" score="1" tko="5"/>
</quorumd>

And attempt to load the new configuration using system-config-cluster (via the file->open menu command) I get the following error message:

(In a pop-up dialog)

Relax-NG validity error : Extra element quorumd in interleave
/path/to/config/cluster_v30.conf:2: Relax-NG validity error : Element cluster failed to validate content
/path/to/config/cluster_v30.conf fails to validate

The ONLY change I am making from a working config file is to add the second hueristic to quorumd, so I'm certain that the validation error is coming from that line.  So my questions are two-fold when I looked around the internet what I could gather is that the entity causing the XML validation error is missing a field.  Is this the case?  Everything I could find in the documentation and looking through this mailing list leads me to belive that my approach is correct.  Second question: is system-config-cluster just being overly paranoid?  I can load the config file using 'ccs_tool update' from the command line without errors.

Thanks for any help you can provide!