[Linux-cluster] RHCS 5.1 latest packages, 2-node cluster, doesn't come up with only 1 node

Lon Hohberger lhh at redhat.com
Fri Feb 8 21:19:27 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-02-08 at 16:15 -0500, Lon Hohberger wrote:
> On Fri, 2008-02-08 at 11:18 -0200, Celso K. Webber wrote:
> > Feb  7 20:07:01 mrp02 kernel: dlm: no local IP address has been set
> > Feb  7 20:07:01 mrp02 kernel: dlm: cannot start dlm lowcomms -107
>
> This is why rgmanager didn't work (and possibly even exited).  Does
> 'uname -n' match what's in cluster.conf?

Hmm - strange that trying to start it again would cause dlm to suddenly
work.  I wonder why that would be.

In 4.4, we had a bug in cman where it wasn't passing transitions of the
quorum disk down to the internal CMAN service manager, but that's fixed.

rgmanager literally just sits there waiting for quorum before trying to
acquire the DLM lockspace.

So, it looks like if we stay inquorate for some time, dlm_controld or
groupd doesn't correctly set the local node name.

-- Lon