[Linux-cluster] fence_tool -c -w join failing

gordan at bobich.net gordan at bobich.net
Fri Feb 15 12:54:44 UTC 2008

Hi,

I have a weird problem that I can't figure out. I have a two node cluster
(<cman two_node="1" expected_votes="1">), which means that a node should
be quorate on it's own, and there should be no problems for it to join
it's own fence domain (presumably).

But when I do:
service cman start

All the components up to fenced start, but:
fence -c -w join
waits until it times out and never starts.

The logs don't seem to reveal anything other than that fenced failed to
start. What are the likely causes of this kind of a problem? I don't have
any real fencing devices defined (yet) in my cluster.conf, only the
following stub entry:

<fence>
 	<method name="1">
 		<device name = "foo"/>