[Linux-cluster] Redundant (multipath)/Replicating NFS

isplist at logicore.net isplist at logicore.net
Wed Feb 20 04:57:47 UTC 2008

Wow, centuries long storage :).

What a cool project. I can see how it might be interesting for sensitive data.

 Are you thinking that it might have some value in pulling together storage
such as sperate NFS servers for example? I suppose it could be used in a local
manner while benefiting from it's features. I've got to read a bit more.

What I've done so far is to dedicate a nice and quick server with a lot of
memory to be the aggregator. This is going to sit in the background however as
the NFS servers will do the trick for the up front web services.

In the end, for media, I'd like to have one single point of storage so that
things don't get overly complicated with endless multiple paths.

Mike