[Linux-cluster] General LDAP clustering question

Roger Peña orkcu at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 26 14:44:56 UTC 2008

--- Peter <p.elmers at gmx.de> wrote:

> First of all thanks for the fast reply.
>
> Is LVS possible without additional HW, so it can
> balance between the
> local service and the service on another node?

using the LVS terminologie.
the LVS can be on the same server where real service
is running but, I would prefer to installed on a
diferent server just because to avoid any IP problem.
that "new" server can be a VM though :-)
if fact, it can be 2 VM, one for the active LVS and
the other one for the backup LVS, ofcourse those VM
should be on different hard :-) to avoid lose both VM
if tha hard fail :-)

cu
roger

RedHat Certified ( RHCE )