[Linux-cluster] HA LVM

Jorge Palma jpalmae at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 22:47:55 UTC 2008

Hello:

I am trying to implement HA LVM in 2 nodes with RHEL 5.1, but I have
the following errors:

in vmdb01:

[root at vmdb01 ~]# rg_test test /etc/cluster/cluster.conf start service testSG
Running in test mode.
Starting testSG...
volume_list=["rootdg", "@vmdb01"]
<notice> Owner of lvmclusterdg/lvmclustervol is not in the cluster
<notice> Stealing lvmclusterdg/lvmclustervol
lvchange  Logical volume "lvmclustervol" changed
<err>    Failed to steal lvmclusterdg/lvmclustervol from lvs         .
Failed to start testSG

in vmfe01:

[root at vmfe01 ~]# rg_test test /etc/cluster/cluster.conf start service testSG
Running in test mode.
Starting testSG...
volume_list=["rootdg", "@vmfe01"]
<notice> Owner of lvmclusterdg/lvmclustervol is not in the cluster
<notice> Stealing lvmclusterdg/lvmclustervol
lvchange  Logical volume "lvmclustervol" changed
<err>    Failed to steal lvmclusterdg/lvmclustervol from lvs         .
Failed to start testSG

In vmdb01 lvm.conf have:

volume_list = [ "rootdg", "@vmdb01" ]

In vmfe01 lvm.cong have: