R: [Linux-cluster] Ethernet Channel Bonding Configuration in RHELCluster Suite Setup

Leandro Dardini l.dardini at comune.prato.it
Fri Feb 29 12:51:05 UTC 2008

When there is a network failure, each member cannot reach the other one. Each member trigger the fence script to turn off the other one. Unfortunately the network is off, so the low level network interface take the fence script connection request in mind and wait for the network to come up. When the network is again available, each member can reach the fencing device and turn off the other. There is no simple way to avoid this. You can make network near 100% fault proof using bond device or you can use a STONITH fencing device, so the first member who regain network prevents the other to fence, or you can use three members. In a network failure no one have the quorum to fence the others.

Leandro