[Linux-cluster] GFS performance

Kamal Jain kjain at aurarianetworks.com
Fri Jan 4 15:41:24 UTC 2008

Well, in our applications usage we don't keep cycling over the same files over and over again, we run through lots of files and keep a handful open at any point in time, so perhaps shorter demote_secs is good for us.

I have not been able to find out about 'gfs_controld -l0' -- where is that set and what does "-l0" do?

Thanks,
- K