[Linux-cluster] RHEL 4.5 -> 4.6 migration

Paul n McDowell Paul.McDowell at celera.com
Fri Jan 11 16:35:33 UTC 2008

I did a rolling upgrade of a 5 node GFS environment from 4.5 to 4.6 over a
week and had no interoperability issues.  I made sure that I had a solid
roll-back plan before I upgraded each node just in case.

rhurst at bidmc.harvard.edu
Sent by: linux-cluster-bounces at redhat.com
01/11/2008 10:36 AM
Please respond to
linux clustering <linux-cluster at redhat.com>

linux-cluster at redhat.com
cc

Subject
[Linux-cluster] RHEL 4.5 -> 4.6 migration

Has anyone migrated from an existing 4.5 to the newer 4.6 cluster suite?
We would like to roll out 4.6 in our 11-node cluster, but only one node at
a time, over the course of 2-weeks.  Does the two versions intermix well
enough to do that?   Or do we need to do take some kind of special care or
precaution, like when injecting this dilithium crystal chamber with an
inverse tachyon pulse from the main deflector dish?