[Linux-cluster] Graceful recover after connectivity failure

Fajar A. Nugraha fajar at telkom.net.id
Mon Jan 14 09:31:35 UTC 2008

> Cliff Hones wrote:
>
>> I am using Centos5.1 with GNBD and GNBD fencing.

Is gnbd fencing supported for production environment?
I tried several fencing methods, including manual, san-switch,
blade-center, and ILO fencing, and so far the only reliable method based
on my experience are ones that can restart the nodes by force (in my
case blade-center and ILO).

>> I am finding that it is impossible to shut down or restart the
>> cluster components on the affected node, and even trying to force
>> a reboot from a ssh session just hangs.

By "force a reboot", do you mean "reboot -f"?
I had some situation where "reboot" simply hangs (mostly related with
I/O problems), but "reboot -f" works every time.

Regards,

Fajar