[Linux-cluster] Problem in Mounting gfs2 filesystem Can some Help me?????

Jamshed Zaidi jamshed.jimmy at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 10:01:56 UTC 2008

Hi guys, I am new to this mailing list and a newbie with clustering
file system is there any one who can help me????? I having a problem
in mounting gfs2 filesytem details are listed below.

i have created a file of 1GB of size name test and format it with gfs2
file system by running the folloiwing command
# mkfs.gfs2 -t mycluster:test -b 512 -p lock_dlm -J 8 -j 4 test
then i run the fsck command like this

# gfs2_fsck -v test
Initializing fsck
Initializing lists...
Initializing special inodes...
Segmentation fault

when i use to mount my gfs2 file system then following list of messages appears
# mount.gfs2 test /mnt/gfsfilesystem/ (command)
mount.gfs2: waiting for gfs_controld to start
mount.gfs2: waiting for gfs_controld to start
mount.gfs2: waiting for gfs_controld to start
mount.gfs2: waiting for gfs_controld to start
mount.gfs2: waiting for gfs_controld to start
mount.gfs2: waiting for gfs_controld to start
mount.gfs2: waiting for gfs_controld to start
mount.gfs2: waiting for gfs_controld to start
mount.gfs2: waiting for gfs_controld to start
mount.gfs2: waiting for gfs_controld to start
mount.gfs2: gfs_controld not running
mount.gfs2: error mounting lockproto lock_dlm

I am running CentOS 5.1 on my machine.
Thanx for anticipation

--
Syed Jamshed Zaidi (Jamy-Virus)