[Linux-cluster] shared ext3

Brad Filipek bfilipek at crscold.com
Fri Jan 18 05:05:35 UTC 2008

I know ext3 is not "cluster aware", but what if I had a SAN with an ext3 partition on it and one node connected to it. If I was to unmount the partition, physically disconnect the server from the SAN, connect another server to the SAN, and then mount to the ext3 partition, would there be any issues? I am not looking to access the partition simultaneously, just one at a time. I am asking incase the server connected to the SAN dies and I need to access the data on this ext3 volume from another server. Will it work?

Thank you
Brad

Confidentiality Notice: This message is intended for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or the employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.

If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by email reply or by telephone and immediately delete this message and any attachments.