[Linux-cluster] Question abou gfs1 and from which cvs branch

Brian Kroth bpkroth at wisc.edu
Thu Jan 24 14:42:47 UTC 2008

Not sure if this is the "right" answer, but I was also running into this
problem on a Gentoo setup.  The 2.01.00 package has a gfs-kernel module
that (with some simple tweaks to the kernel - see usage.txt) will compile
against 2.6.23 and seems to run well.  This is my first gfs attempt so I
don't know how upgrading the tools will go for you.  I also read about
(and experienced) problems with gfs2, so I'd also stick with gfs1 for the
time being, but at least this way your upgrade path is prepared.

Brian